It's time to make dinner! Unfortunately, a key ingredient is missing. Look around to see if you can find an appropriate substitute. If you're feeling particularly creative, you can substitute multiple foods at once for a fun combination. If you're feeling particularly desperate, you can use something that isn't food at all! And if you're feeling both creative and desperate, you can combine a non-food item with one or more foods for a substitution. Substitutions are the main thing, but feel free to throw in extra ingredients that might make the recipe even better! (Note: items are added as "extras" by default; you'll need to specifically mark what item(s) you want to use as a substitution.)
- Some of the voice audio is missing/doesn't play. This shouldn't be a big issue if you can see the game, but it does break accessibility for anyone who is visually impaired.
- I noticed a bug that if accessibility mode is turned on, the audio for settings will play even after you close the menu. To stop this (assuming you want accessibility mode on), leave the start page (start the game or open recipe select) and then the settings will not play again until you open the menu.
- Not really a bug, but the credits page in-game is empty because I ran out of time to make it.
- Please report any other bugs you find, as I'm not aware of them.
Accessibility: voice accessibility mode (read items on mouseover) is on by default. You can turn this off in the settings.
Controls: mouse. I wanted to make this work with keyboard/controller as well, but ran out of time. You can still use keyboard/controller in the menus (start menu, settings) if you like.
Credits: I ran out of time to make in-game credits, so I've posted them here:
- Catherine DeJager: programming, voice acting, sfx, collecting art
- Rosko Vair: music
- Art sources:
- Font: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/note-this
- https://opengameart.org/content/cc0-food-icons (OCAL and Glitch packs)
- https://thenounproject.com/: https://thenounproject.com/term/x-button/1600389/ by James Henry, https://thenounproject.com/term/full-volume/208035/ and https://thenounproject.com/term/mute/208037/ by Universal Icons, US
- https://www.shutterstock.com/ purchases: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/open-vacuum-locker-142446328, https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/sponge-vector-flat-icon-isolated-emoji..., https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/fridge-open-closed-300929471, https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/white-cauliflower-vegetable-isolated-o..., https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/illustration-japanese-seasoning-word-w..., https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/cartoon-seaweed-set-vector-graphic-ill..., https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/cardboard-box-set-on-transparent-backg...
- http://clipart-library.com: http://clipart-library.com/clipart/1518252.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/1728490.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/yeast-cliparts_8.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/sugar-cliparts_19.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/22947.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/61837.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/hay-bale-cliparts_10.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/pT5o6XLkc.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/281423.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/55902.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/1499064.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/1406365.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clip-art/soap-clipart-transparent-6.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/sponge-cliparts_3.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/tennis-ball-png-image.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/toothpaste-cliparts_12.htm, http://clipart-library.com/clipart/57491.htm)
- Godot Wild Jam wildcard art: https://itch.io/jam/godot-wild-jam-31